Saturday, February 1, 2014

Diagnosis +17

Well, I learned something important yesterday.  Don't follow a "cleanse" procedure with heavy drinking and Ruby Tuesday appetizers.  I have to say that I'm not feeling particularly good this morning.  However, I thoroughly enjoyed going to happy hour with Elizabeth (she had to drive, of course), and then when we got home I got to watch the Hobbit all the way through while polishing off 1 1/2 bottles of wine.  So it was an entertaining night.
Sorry Elizabeth - no Mercedes for you!

The other fun event from yesterday was the arrival of the first round of bills.  I think we've already met my deductible for the year.  I'm not going to complain too much about the cost of all this treatment - although our plan at Nano is a high deductible plan, we have an HSA account (that I've already drained).  Since most of the treatment should be done this year, I hope that the out of pocket expense won't be too crippling.  Still, looks like there won't be too many luxury purchases this year.

The beginning of "The Cancer File"
Being an inveterate organizer, I have begun the official Cancer File, which will morph into a 3-ring binder with appropriate tabs for the lab reports, EOB's, provider bills, etc.  I'm looking forward to when I can shove the binder into a banker box and stack it in the attic along side "The Collarbone File" and "The Thumb File" and "The Broken Shoulder File."  Fortunately, we got the Q Fever under control before I had to have "The Goat Placenta File" - more on that delightful story at another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment