Today I encountered the MRI machine - which I have been in before (broken shoulder). I think I fell asleep last time, thanks to the warm blanket and the fact that I was really, really tired. Anyway, this time around I didn't fall asleep. I've renamed the MRI machine "The Mysterious Tube of Annoying Noises." Being in the MRI machine was like being locked in a closet with Jackson for 30 minutes.
No further information, except that today was the final day of my novena for the intercession of Doc Davidson. Doc, if you're reading this up in heaven, put in a good word for me with the Big Guy...
The 4 inches of snow yesterday threatened to make the trip into downtown Knoxville entertaining, but by the time we left the house (8:30) the roads were already in pretty good shape. Got to slide around a little in the subdivision, but after that it was smooth sailing. Of course, it's pretty hard to get the Avalanche to lose its grip, even when driving on bald tires (I was waiting to find out the results of the PET scan before investing in new tires for the truck - how's that for melodrama!?)
So, onward and upward. If I could stop worrying about work, this wouldn't be so bad. Of course, that will change tomorrow. Time for another "cleanse" and then Friday's ultrasound test, which of course involves yet another object being inserted where it ought not go.

No comments:
Post a Comment