It's been six years since the cancer diagnosis and the beginning of treatments. I've just rediscovered this blog, not so much because I was thinking about cancer, but because I'm self-censoring my facebook feed, where it was my wont to dish out periodic political tirades amidst the family photos. Also, as I slowly shut down my social media and limit my business with the big-tech censors, that particular creative outlet will likely go away.
My twitter account is gone, I've ended various Apple subscriptions, decided to buy a Garmin golf watch instead of a new Apple watch, cancelled Apple TV+, long ago cancelled Netflix and Hulu, and trying my hardest to do zero business with Amazon. I can't quite figure out how to get back at Google (which owns Blogger). I take my boycotts, and my buycotts seriously. I haven't done business with Gillette since their "toxic manhood" commercials, try my best to avoid P&G due to their Rosie O'Donnell support about 15 years ago, and avoid Walgreens like the plague due to their support of certain noxious causes two decades ago.
It gets harder and harder to maintain principles in a world of mutual funds and investments, but speaking with our money is our second most powerful way of speaking.
The first of course, being prayer.
Some might think that my reaction to the Amazon/Google/Apple/Twitter shut down of Trump & Trumper voices is somehow an endorsement of those voices. Far from it. But the speech most in need of protection, is the speech that is most offensive. Ideas are dangerous. That is why the thugs & bullies of both left and right seek to shut it down and make only certain ideas acceptable. Fahrenheit 451, Brave New World, Animal Farm, Bread & Wine, 1984, Demons, etc., etc., all understand this and warn against it. The ascendent violent statists, currently on the Left, know that the only way they permanently secure power is to prevent competing ideas from gaining attention & respect. This is particularly true on the Left, because their ideas are so very, very bad. Sure they package them in social justice, but that is a thin veneer over the vicious slave-world they are trying to build.
Anyway, their gates of hell shall not prevail.
No comments:
Post a Comment