Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Diagnosis +56, Treatment Day 21

Today was "Cowboy Day" at radiation therapy.  Elizabeth talked me out of the yellow bandana, but the cowboy hat, boots & jeans made their appearance.  The Radiation Therapists were treated to Sasperilla Soda, Pork Rinds, and the infamous "Roy Rogers" joke - in abbreviated form.



Yesterday was excellent.  For whatever reason, I felt really good yesterday, up until about 8 or 9pm.  I ended up being awake most of the night.  I was still up at 5am when Evelyn woke up, so at least I spared Elizabeth having to get up with the baby.  I went to sleep around 6:30 this morning and slept until about 10am.

Today was not so much fun.   Yesterday's reprieve was washed away today in The Chamber of Horrors.  Some side effects of the radiation are not as bad, but others continue to get worse.  I've got eight more days of radiation, and I've been promised that the two weeks afterward are going to be pretty uncomfortable.  

I ventured out with Elizabeth to the grocery store today.  I made it about 30 minutes in before I was completely drained - no energy at all, feet aching.  That stayed with me most of the evening.  Since they've upped the chemo dose, the queasy/sick feeling has increased as well.

But of course, here it is almost midnight and I'm wide awake.  Going to watch some more Office episodes until I fall asleep.

Anyway, time to man-up and pull it together.  I've got a board meeting tomorrow AM, so it'll be a real test of endurance to drive out to Oak Ridge and hopefully sit upright for 2-3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment