Saturday, February 8, 2014

Poetry: There's a Mass Up My Ass, Parts I, II, and III


There’s a Mass Up My Ass

Part One: The General Practitioner

Say there young patient
What could you be needin’

To tell the truth Doc
I’ve had unusual bleedin’

To help all my patients
Is always my mission
You know what to do
Assume the position…

Well my young patient
I don’t meet to be crass
In technical terms
You’ve a mass up your ass

A mass up my ass?
How could it be so?
For I’ve never put things
Where the sunshine don’t go.

Now don’t be concerned
And don’t get upset
For there’s lots of conditions
That I haven’t seen yet

Just make an appointment
With my specialist friend
And we’ll figure out
What’s up your rear end

Part Two: GI Specialist

My friend the GP
Has sent me your file
Now let’s have a look
Bend over and smile

Tell me something Doc
Now I might be wrong
Could it be that your finger
Is exceptionally long?

When I feel up your bottom
One thing comes to mind
That the mass up your ass
Is the cancerous kind

But let us be sure!
Let’s close this case shut!
I’d like the chance
To stick a probe up your butt

Colonoscopic biopsy?
My case I won’t plead
But when you put me to sleep
Versed’s what I need.

Part Three: The Colonoscopy

Good morning young man
We’re the endoscope crew
We’ll meet all your needs
And stick things into you

I don’t mean to complain
I don’t mean to nitpick
But if I don’t get Versed
I’ll become quite the dick

Propofol is for you
The anesthetists say
We’ll put you to sleep
The Neverland way

Now roll on your side
And let your fears melt
And awake with a feeling
Richard Gere has oft’ felt

Before I pass out
(which is clearly your aim)
I’d like to point out
That Propofol’s lame

Where am I at?
In what city, state, nation?
And why does my ass
Have this burning sensation?

We’re glad you’ve come ‘round
Let’s not be demure
The mass up your ass
Is cancer for sure

The tumorous details
We must hasten to see
So the only prescription
Is tomography

Now if I’m not wrong
A PET scan’s what you’ve said
And I’ll gladly submit
Just give me Versed!

No comments:

Post a Comment