Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Treatment: Day 2

Once again, winter weather was unable to stop me from getting to the hospital.  It helps that we live very close to a UPS distribution center, and that the hospital is in downtown Knoxville.  It means they work very hard to keep the interstate clear for UPS, and of course they heavily salt the road to the hospital - so we only have to navigate the roads in our subdivision.  Anyway, the snow wasn't sticking at all while we drove to or from the hospital.

Nothing funny or new to say today.  For some reason I didn't have the spirit to joke around with the RT's, although I did of course wear funny socks (they have yet to comment on my sock selection).  Therapy was much faster than yesterday - probably only about 15 minutes from "undressing" to re-dressing.

So how am I feeling?  Well, not too good, although I wonder how much is psychosomatic.   My feet are killing me, as are my calves.  The ache has spread into my forearms now.  It's weird.  This pre-dates the therapy & chemo - Elizabeth thinks it's the tumor pressing on a nerve.  I'm slightly queasy, but not nauseated.  I'm fatigued but not sleepy.  Overall, I just feel sort of bad.
The Socks of Today

As I said, my spirits were down today, but listening to side one of "Paradise Theater" was a good pick me up.  Poor Elizabeth had to suffer through some 80's memories as I listened to "Back on the Chain Gang," and "Catch," and "Black Coffee In Bed."  Then I listened to Rush's "Available Light," which I used to love & listen to alot back in '89.  For some reason it made me tremendously sad - perhaps because it took me back to a time when I thought I had the whole world in my hand.  Anyway, it wasn't until I crooned along with Roger Waters to "Amused to Death" that I recovered my natural bubbly personality.

1 comment:

  1. Well, John 3 times is not the charm. I will try one last time. I love you blog. I find it ironic that the album cover for Journey has a strange resemblense to your new temporary tatoos :)

    ReplyDelete